How Ray Fisher Got Cyborg; Ezra His Best Bud On Set(?)


So another gem from the set visits of Justice League was how Ray Fisher, whose first real big break will be the film itself, got the part of Victor Stone, Cyborg. The following not also gives the aforementioned info but also a sense of how much him and Ezra are getting along filming this movie.

Q: So, can you tell us a little bit about how you won the role of Cyborg? 
FISHER: I can, yeah. I was doing a play off Broadway back in 2013 – 
Flash shows up. 
EZRA MILLER: Hi, how you doing?
FISHER: I was regaling them of how I came to be.
MILLER: No, no no don’t do that. You’re doing origin stories? You’re not supposed to give them origin stories!
FISHER: No, an origin story of how I, as a person, came to be. [laughs]
MILLER: Get outta here, man.
FISHER: You guys know Ezra, right? I was in a play off Broadway playing Muhammad Ali at the New York Theatre Workshop three years ago now. And around the time, Ang Lee, one of his upcoming projects was a 3D boxing movie about Muhammad Ali and Joe Frazier and he came and saw the show at that time. And I hadn’t had an agent or a manager up until that point, but once people caught word of that, they started coming to the show to see who’s this guy that people are coming to look at and from there I signed up and went out to California for a visit and met up with Lord Kennedy and Kristy Carlson from Warner Brothers and they said, “we have something that may be right for you, but we can’t tell you what it is. It’s just in the real of the Batman/Superman universe.” And I was like, “I’m done, I’m done. Sign me up. I’ll play a tree.”
MILLER: And now he’s playing a tree. [laughs]
FISHER: And now I’m playing a tree, they’re just going to CGI it around.
MILLER: You have to be really careful what you say in those meetings. [laughs]
FISHER: But yeah and from there, I just put something on tape for Zack while I was in New York. And we went out to Detroit and tested and it just sort of fell into place very quickly and I’m extremely grateful that it did. Coming up in the theatre and grinding for ten years, trying to make the ends meet. It was a pretty sweet payoff.
Q: The last movie, Batman and Superman didn’t really get along that well. But it appears that Cyborg and Flash are hitting it off. Is that only behind the scenes?
MILLER: We cannot confirm or deny anything regarding any people named silly names like the ones you just – I don’t even know, what did you say? [laughs]
FISHER: I don’t even know who these characters are, I’ve never heard of them.
MILLER: I need to run this scene with you.
FISHER: Which one?
MILLER: The one we’re doing.
FISHER: The dance solo? The tap dance number?
MILLER: We need to run our routine.
FISHER: Okay, sweet.
MILLER: Forgive us, guys. We need to run our routine.
FISHER: Which routine are we running?
MILLER: The dance routine.
ASSISTANT: The one on the rooftop.
FISHER: Oh, we’re actually running the routine.
MILLER: Yeah.
FISHER: I’ll be back then, I guess. Thank you guys. Did they send you over for me?
MILLER: Yeah, yeah yeah.
FISHER: You sort of pinched me on the butt.
MILLER: No, because I told them, “we can do it by ourselves!” And they were like fine, Ezra, go get ready.
FISHER: “We don’t need the Cyborg!”
MILLER: Bring him whatever drink he wants and then get him to set.
FISHER: Just put a cardboard cutout and CG it.
It is interesting to learn how an actor from a more Broadway background breaks into the film industry as a whole, and for Ray deservedly so. Another thing to note is that there is clearly a sense of friendship and familial love between these actors, who are poised to be the more comedic part of the DCEU, it speaks to a high magnitude that over in Leavesden Studios there's a sense of family and a love for making the film which I think will translate to the big screen very well!

Fueled by his restored faith in humanity and inspired by Superman’s selfless act, Bruce Wayne enlists the help of his newfound ally, Diana Prince, to face an even greater enemy.  Together, Batman and Wonder Woman work quickly to find and recruit a team of metahumans to stand against this newly awakened threat.  But despite the formation of this unprecedented league of heroes—Batman, Wonder Woman, Aquaman, Cyborg and The Flash—it may already be too late to save the planet from an assault of catastrophic proportions.

Directed by Zack Snyder, this marks the big screen debut of the Justice League, featuring an all-star lineup: Ben Affleck, Henry Cavill, Gal Gadot, Jason Momoa, Ezra Miller and Ray Fisher.


Source: Heroic Hollywood

Popular posts from this blog

HIGH-RES GALLERY: 'Wonder Woman' Stills & Posters

Check Out Over Forty 'Blade Runner 2049' Stills Just In Time For Its Release

A Short Goodbye...

Jason Momoa's 'Canvas Of My Life' Documentary Released; Includes 'Justice League' Moments